A high profile leader in cosmetic dermatology and anti-aging medicine
Your Custom Text Here
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is the process of hair removal by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicles. It had been performed experimentally for about twenty years before becoming commercially available in the mid-1990s. It is a great way to stop hair from growing in unwanted places. Laser hair removal works by targeting your hair follicles through a series of treatments. The laser machines emit light beams that are very precise. The dark color hair follicles under skin absorb the intense light energy which turns into heat that builds up and destroys those follicles. The result is permanent hair reduction.
Your hair follicles are not all active at once and laser treatments only work on hair that is actively growing, therefore multiple treatments are needed to permanently reduce hair growth and results may vary in patients.
Laser treatments offer a wide variety of advantages such as:
• treatments are fast and convenient which allow getting rid of hair on small areas such as face or underarms to be done in a few minutes so it saves a lot of your time
• No more ingrown hair
• No more concerns about skin irritation or razor burn from shaving
Botox & Anti-Wrinkle
Anti-wrinkle neurotxin such as BOTOX ® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) or DYSPORT ® is a neuro-muscular blocker. It is used to treat frown lines, forehead lines, crow feet lines and lines between the eyebrows on the face. “BOTOX ® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is indicated in adult patients for the temporary improvement in the appearance of:
• Moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity
• Moderate to severe lateral canthal lines associated with orbicularis oculi activity
• Moderate to severe forehead lines associated withfrontalis activity
When we age, our face goes through several changes. Decreasing hormone levels begin to influence skin, increasing dryness, fine lines deepen, especially around the eyes (crow’s feet), forehead and mouth. The outer layer of skin (epidermis) thins, even though the number of cell layers remains unchanged. Aging causes our skin to lose collagen and elasticity and the number of pigment-containing cells (melanocytes) decreases. The remaining melanocytes increase in size. Aging skin looks thinner, paler, and clear (translucent). To make it worse, changes in the connective tissue reduce the skin's strength and elasticity. This is known as elastosis. It is more noticeable in sun-exposed areas (solar elastosis). Elastosis produces the leathery, weather- beaten appearances.
Dermal fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse can be used to fill in the area beneath the skin to restore volume. They can be used for lips, facial and hand enchancement, providing a correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, it can also be used to add volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks, jawlines and lips (non-surgical lip augmentation).
Body Contouring and Cellulite Treatment
We, at Downtown Skin and Laser, offer several laser and radio frequency treatments for body contouring and cellulite treatments. TriPollar skin tightening uses radio frequency (RF) energy to heat the underlying layers of skin that contain collagen. When this energy hits the collagen, it causes the collagen to contract, giving an immediately smoother tone and brighter skin texture. The RF energy also stimulates collagen growth, which will occur over a period of weeks following the procedure. As the collagen expands, it adds volume to the skin, giving it a more youthful appearance and pleasing contour.
As an all-around skin tightening procedure, both laser and radio frequency are perfect for patients looking for:
• Improvement of stretch marks
• Waist circumference reduction
• Reduction of stubborn fat pockets
• Cellulite treatment
• Prevention of wrinkles and other signs of aging
• Immediate results, even after the first treatment
• Record of safety
• Completely noninvasive and nondamaging to the skin
• Works for all skin colors and types
• Rapid procedure with no downtime
Weight Loss Program
Facial and Skin Revitalization
At Downtown Laser and Anti-Aging we offer a variety of facial and skin rejuvenation treatments. We customize treatment or treatments that are specific for each patient’s concerns and goals.
- IPL skin rejuvenation or Photofacial is a common non-invasive cosmetic procedure designed to produce youthful and beautiful complexsion. A photofacial uses broad-spectrum light, which reaches multiple layers of skin, applied in brief flashes, sometimes up to 2 or 3 on a single treatment area intends to improve and treat the appearance of sun damages, age spots, acne, fine wrinkles, and hyper pigmentation on the face, neck, chest and body areas. IPL treats the skin with quick and powerful flashes of light. The light energy then penetrates below the skin's surface, where the unwanted pigment (melanin) lives. The heat breaks down this pigment into tiny particles, which either rise to the skin's surface as scabs (naturally sloughing away within a week or so) or get carried away by the body's lymphatic system. Or the light flashes and warms the skin to stimulate the body’s natural healing process, as well as collagen growth underneath the skin. This multi-faceted approach makes your skin look younger, smoother and fuller. There are a variety of skin issues that can also be treated using IPL such as blemishes, fine wrinkles, the effects of aging, large pores and much more.
-Picosecond Aesthetics Laser is a ground breaking technology that creates an intense photothemal impact (pressure wave) in trillionths of a second (pulse duration). It can treat tattoo (tattoo removal), dark and aged spots, benign pigmented lesions, acne scaring and deep wrinkles
Call us for a free consultation to see if IPL skin rejuvenation is right for you.
IV Drip Therapy
We offer variety of IV therapies that benefit your body and mind.
• Strength and Energy
• Gorgeous and Glowing Skin
• Hydration Therapy
• Cleanse and Detoxification
Oxygen and Anti Aging Facial, Microdermabration
Microdermabrasion is a procedure that exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells. Our microdermabrasion machines can buff and polish the skin using a stream of fine crystals or a diamond tip. It works best on problems such as dull skin, brown spots, and age spots.
"Pure Oxygen Can Be Added To Accelerate A Healing Process After Microdermabrasions And Laser Treatments"